The Eugene Mayor’s Art Show opened Friday with a modest crowd — only about 150 showed up for the opening reception at the Jacobs Gallery, meaning you could actually move around the room and see the art.
I was one of three jurors this year, so obviously the choices were all excellent! Tina Rinaldi, Ann Bumb Hamilton and I chose 54 pieces from 197 submitted.
Here is a list of awards presented at a ceremony in Studio One before the showed officially opened:
- Mayor’s Choice Award: to Hive No. 1, by Justin Stuck
- Artistic Director’s Award: to Two-point Archtop Mandolin, by Christopher Fralick
- US Bank Sponsor Award: to Strange Attractor – Riverway, by Niraja Cheryl Lorenz
- Juror’s Award from Ann Bumb Hamilton: to 1/16th Indian, by Michael Whitenack
- Juror’s Award from Bob Keefer: to The Hermit, by Jeremy Spafford
- Juror’s Award from Tina Rinaldi: to Resonance, by Lynn Ihsen Peterson
- Best of Show: to 67890, by Bren Kleinfelder